Seems like a lot has happened on our Isle of Style and much remains the same.
- SunCal and friends are limping into an election to start 2010.
- "Groups with agendas" are distracting our school board (maybe from proposing another parcel tax?)
- Alameda Hospital is making "those noises" again.
- The Encinal Jets made the NCS Championship again. (YAY!)
- Yours truly got a write up in "Alameda" Magazine. (To which I say thank you for making me appear outwardly worthy, despite my true nature as a hack.)
Earlier this fall I spent some time in Central America. I spent a lot of time with people whose main concern was what, if anything, they might eat that day, whether they would be able to replace their worn shoes or if they might be able to beg, borrow or steal enough money off the street so their parents would let them back in the house to sleep that night. Yet every day, they were polite, courteous, respectful and amazingly full of good cheer.
In retrospect, makes our local problems seem like "high class" ones, doesn't it?
Remember the message of love this holiday season.